Congratulations you've finally finished your candle! Now what?
Cleaning the leftover candle wax from your used jars may seem a bit of a challenge! Should you throw the jar away?
Have you wondered how you can reuse your old candle jars after you had fully enjoyed it?
We’d like to share with you three fool-proof simple ways to remove leftover wax from your candle jars.
- Bain-Marie Method
- Add boiling water into a bowl
- Place the candle jar in it and leave for a few minutes. The heat from boiling water will transfer to the container and melt the leftover wax
- Once the wax is liquid, remove the glass jar from the bowl
- Carefully pour out the melted wax for disposal into your rubbish bin
- Direct Heat Method
- Fill your used candle jar with boiling water close to the brim
- As the wax melts, it will float to the surface
- Allow the water to cool then carefully strain the solidified wax and pour the remaining water away
3. Freezer Method
- Pop the candle jar into the freezer and leave it overnight.
- Remove it from the freezer and use a butter knife or fork to press down onto the wax. Candle wax shrinks when it's cold allowing you to remove the wax easily
After method 1, 2 or 3, you can then use warm water and soap to clean the container and voila! you have new glass jars ready to be reused over and over again!
Note: Please do not pour the melted wax down your drain. It will solidify and clog your pipes.