Have you wondered how you can reuse your old candle jars after you had fully enjoyed it? Cleaning the wax from your used jars may seem a bit of a challenge!
We’d like to share with you two simple ways to remove leftover wax from your candle jars:
- Bain-Marie Method
- Add boiling water into a bowl
- Place the candle jar in it and leave for a few minutes. The heat from boiling water will transfer to the container and melt the leftover wax.
- Once the wax is soft, remove the glass jar from the bowl
- Carefully pour out the melted wax for disposal
- Heat Method
- Fill your used candle jar with boiling water close to the brim.
- As the wax melts, it will float to the surface.
- Allow the water to cool then carefully strain the solidified wax and pour the remaining water away.
After method 1 or 2, you can then use warm water and soap to clean the container and voila! Please do not pour the melted wax down your drain. It will solidify and clog your pipes.
If you are returning your used candle jars to us, don’t worry about cleaning the wax. We will clean it before repurposing into new candles.